Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year! Getting to Know You Meme #2 - Thanks @toniobarton!

Thanks for the challenge, Toni!  Since I was tagged in another post, I will be answering Toni's questions from her post and "leave the floor open" for others to participate if they would like.

11 Professional Facts About Me

1.  I student taught and then actually taught first grade for 7 years in the same school.
http://www.swsd.k12.wi.us/

2.  I received the Technology Teacher of the Year from the Diocese of Joliet in 2011. 

3.  I received the Great Teacher Award from Joliet, IL  in 2013.
Principal Jennifer Groves, Myself, and Assistant Principal Nikki Kanzia
4.  I helped Vicki Davis and Julie Lindsay along with Frank Guttler at the Flat Classroom Live Conference in Hawaii this past summer. 
Vicki, Myself, Frank, and Julie at FC Live Event in Hawaii
 5.  I was quoted in Vicki's and Julie's amazing book, Flattening Classrooms, Engaging Minds

6.  I have been the Digiteen Project manager since 2011.


7.  I am one of many Global Classroom Project's lead and mentor teachers.

8.  I started the Educator Virtual PD series in 2012 with many colleagues from HLWSkypers group.

http://educatorvirtualpd.wikispaces.com
9.  I am a board member for Kidlink, a wonderful global project site for students and teachers.
10.  I am one of the first Flat Classroom Certified Teacher Program graduates.

11.  I've participated in many global, collaborative projects with my students.  Read more from Vicki Davis' post:  http://coolcatteacher.blogspot.com/2013/05/transformational-it-integrator-theresa.html.

11 Questions to Answer:

  1. What is the first website you go to?  I usually go to my Tweetdeck site to see what's new.
  2. Is there an app/website you can’t live without?  GAFE 
  3. What is the best book you ever read?  The Outsiders - most influential in my teens
  4. Who is your favorite teacher?  Mr. G from 5th grade - taught us how to write checks!
  5. What kind of student were you?  Asked too many questions and a little rambunctious 
  6. If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?  Pasta with sugu
  7. Which superpower: super strength, flying, invisibility?  Flying!
  8. Do you use your public library?  I use it to rent audio books through Overdrive
  9. If you could be a professional athlete, what would it be?  A speedskater! 
  10. Do you have any pets? What kind?  We have a boxer named Hobbs.  
    Hobbs
  11. When was the last time you laughed so hard your stomach hurt?  Last night listening to my parents send me several voxer messages at once.  It was hilarious!

Feel free to join the Meme!  I would love to learn more about you.  Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment