- Over the holidays new wireless access points were installed around the school. This allows classrooms the ability to have more wireless devices on at the same time.
- Since the addition of a cart of Chromebooks last year, teachers are finding it easier to add lessons that involve technology to enhance their curriculum. Recently, there were a handful of devices that had minor damages. After a few messages and calls to Google, they were replaced at no charge. Google's customer service is excellent!
- Many printers in the classroom and for multiple staff use have broken down this year. Thanks to parents, some of the teachers received a "gently used" one to use in the classroom. They have been working well!
- Empty toner and ink cartridges are needed as a fundraiser for technology supplies or equipment. They can be dropped off at the office.
Computer Class Update
All activities can be found on my Class Site.
- Early Childhood explored the Chromebooks and playing fun, educational sites like Curious George and Dinosaur Train.
- Pre-Kindergarten explored some of the games on Dinosaur Train. They use the lab's laptops to play.
- Kindergarten and Grade 1 explored GPBKids where they played time, geometry, measurement, and money games.
- Grade 2, Mrs. Buhr's class, watched and reflected on the Christmas Around the World voicethread with notes from each table: 1, 2, 3, 4. The students narrated pages starting at #38.
- Grade 2, Mrs. Ratajczak's class, started a poem using Microsoft Office about Jack Frost.
- Grade 3 created pictures and added a description about something they did over Christmas break using Kerpoof and shared it in Edmodo.
- Grade 4, Mrs. Gambino's class, created a spelling list to play on Spelling City and also worked on typing skills on Dance Mat Typing.
- Grade 4, Mrs. Molskness' class and Grade 5 participated in mystery skype sessions: Grade 4 notes; Grade 5 notes.
- Grade 6 learned about Quest Atlantis and finished incomplete assignments in Edmodo. *Permission slips need to be returned by Jan. 16th.*
- Grade 7 worked on Digiteen Action Projects for 7-1 and 7-2.
- Grade 8 reviewed the Tech Pre-Assessment, created Google profiles and added educational apps.
Looking forwared to another great week!