Wednesday, September 28, 2011

To Our Quadbloggers

The 8th graders are quadblogging with students from the United Kingdom.  This is the first wave of introductions from 16 of  our 54 students.  Quadblogging classes, please reply to our students by name, so they can read and respond if necessary.  Looking forward to getting to know you, too!


These are our quadbloggers teachers and their blogs:

Ms. Simpkin http://pipkinzoo.edublogs.org/
Ms. Cox http://theflyingmemo.blogspot.com/
Mr. Stacey  http://olchfa.org.uk/blogs/quadblogging/


Wave One of Our Students:


1. Hi, my name is Maggie. I am thirteen and I live in Joliet, Illinois. I play three sports and they are soccer, softball, and basketball. I am on a travel soccer team with some girls from my school. I also love to read. It is my favorite thing to do when I am not playing soccer. I hope that you know more about me.

2. Hi, my name is Alyssa! I live in Joliet, Illinois and I am thirteen years old. I go to the Cathedral of St. Raymond School, and I love it here. I love to play sports. Some of the sports I play are softball, basketball, and volleyball. When I am not playing sports, I like to hang out with my friends.

3. Hi, my name is Matt K. I live in Illinois. I go to Cathedral of St.Raymond. I play basketball for my school and a travel team. I like to play golf with my dad.  I also like hanging out with my friends.

4. Hi, my name is Jake and I am going to school at the Cathedral of St. Raymond in Joliet, IL. Here are some fun facts about Illinois, we have the first Dairy Queen and McDonalds. I love my school, it is a great time and is just a perfect place for a kid to grow up. I play basketball and football here at the Cathedral. I love St. Ray’s.

5. Hi my name is Jeffrey. I am thirteen and I live near Joliet, Illinois. I play volleyball, I wrestle, I race Motocross, and I love to fish. I play club volleyball with some friends from in and outside of school. But I my favorite thing to do when I’m not in school or doing sports is hanging out with my friends because they are funny and exciting. My favorite subject in school is math because it just comes easy to me and I don’t know why.

6. Hi my name is Cade. I am thirteen years old and I live near Joliet, IL. I play football, basketball, baseball, ping pong, pool, and play tennis sometimes. I play all my sports with people that I know. My favorite thing to do when I am not playing sports is hanging out with my brothers when they are home. When they are home we play catch with a football, baseball, and we play a big game of basketball.

7. Hi, my name is Brian. I am thirteen years old, I go to the Cathedral of St. Raymond, and I live in Joliet, Illinois. Living in Joliet is great. It’s never over crowded like a big city. It’s a very welcoming town. My school is great. This is my second and last year at this school. When I first came to this school I felt so welcomed. I would recommend this school to everyone.

8. Hi, my name is Alessandra. I live in Joliet, Illinois and I am an eighth grader at St. Ray’s. I play volleyball and basketball at school and dance at a studio. I’ve been on high honors every trimester since sixth grade and hope for the same this year. I love to hang out with my friends and go to the mall to shop.

9. Hi, my name is MaKenna. I live near Joliet, Illinois and go to the Cathedral of St.Raymond School. I play basketball, and volleyball for my school. I am  a twin and I have 5 other siblings. I like hanging out with my friends and family. I like reading and playing tennis. I love going to school here with all my friends, it is so fun.

10. Hi, I am Seamus and I go to St. Raymond’s Cathedral in Joliet, IL.  Joliet had the first Dairy Queen. We also have a ton of McDonalds in our town. In junior high at St. Raymond we have over 100 kids. The total for the whole school is 520 kids. My  favorite sports are baseball, football, and basketball. I love college and NFL football!

11. Hi, my name is Michael. I live in Joliet, Illinois and go to the school the Cathedral of St.Raymond. I play baseball and basketball for my school. I also play baseball for a travel team in Joliet. I have three sisters and one brother in my family. I am also in the eighth grade at my school.

12. Hi, my name is Sarah. I live in Joliet, IL, and I go to the Cathedral of St. Raymond school. I played softball for my school and I love to dance.  I am on a dance company and I dance almost 6 days a week.  I have two brothers. I am in eighth grade at my school.

13. Hi my name is Anthony. I live near Joliet, Illinois. I attend the Cathedral of Saint Raymond School. I am in the eighth grade. I like to play football, basketball,and baseball. My favorite color is green. I am a family of five:  two brothers, a mom and a dad. I like watching football on T.V.

14. Hi, my name is Michaela. I am an 8th grader at the Cathedral of Saint Raymond School. I live in near Joliet, Illinois. I play volleyball at the school. I also enjoy dancing and am going to continue to dance. My favorite sports are dance, cheerleading, and soccer. I have two older sisters at JCA. I have three younger brothers at Saint Ray’s. This is my first year here and it is definitely the best school I know. My first day here everyone was so nice to me and they helped me out a lot. When I’m not busy with homework or sports I love to just hang out with friends. I like going to the mall too.  

15. Hello, my name is Juan. I live in Joliet, Illinois, and I go to school at St.Rays. I absolutely love it here! The education is great and my friends are amazing! I like to play soccer and football. If I’m not playing soccer or football, then I’m reading. I have a strong passion towards reading! Thank you for spending your time and reading about me.

16. Hi, my name is Nick and I live near Joliet, Illinois. I am 13 and I go to school at St. Raymond’s. This year is my first year here, too.  My favorite sports are football and baseball. I play 2nd base for baseball, and I play center and nose guard for football. I have one sibling, my sister. I also have 3 cats as pets. My favorite color is yellow.

28 comments:

  1. Hello Nick what is a nose gaurd and where is Joliet. thanks from Joseph BBEC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juan I like soccer as well Joe Longden BBEC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see that my Year 9 students are beginning to leave comments for you all. I can see I need to talk to them again about punctuation though:(

    I wonder why Joe Longden didn't type Joliet into Google and find out where it is for himself! Oh we have much to learn. Keep up the good work, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments! Keep them coming! We will comment on your blogs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,Matt K

    I also like to hang out with my friends and play golf with my dad.Don't get much chance to play golf here though.

    From, Niall - Year 9

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alessandra, One of my many hobbies is dancing and I also like to shop and meet up with friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nick, i was just wondering what a nose guard is in soccer. I also have a cat and he is called Stig. I like to play rugby and sometimes football> George Jacques BBEC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi matt k , i play basketball for school aswell.Plus i play golf with my dad! Whats your handicap? Sam H :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are reading your comments in English and have a question for Maggie. Is "a travel soccer team" a school team that travels to other schools?

    Ms Cox English

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah, What;s the name of your Dance Company? Six days commitment to dancing is a long time. Do you get chance to go out with friends? I'm not a dancer but I love listening to Bruno Mars and Rhianna.

    Megan (13)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anthony I like playing and watching football to.But I watch teams like Manchester United whereas you might watch american football. The football I'm talking about is what you probably call soccer. What football team do you like as you have only put you like football but nothing else. Joe Longden BBEC YEAR 9

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alessandra, what is 'high honors'?

    Ellie 13

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sarah i love to dance to. What type of dancing do you do? I do Ballet and Jazz.I also have a question for Alyssa what is your favorite sport?

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Alessandra,I know it may sound stupid but what is a trimester ?
    From Hanya x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Alexandra. I love to go shopping and meet up with my friends too. I was just wondering, what ia a trimester?
    Holly Maguire BBEC

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi michael i also have 3 sisters and a brother. what are your sisters and brother called? Ewan BBEC

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Alexandra. I love to meet up with my friends and go shopping too. I was just wondering was is a trimester?
    Holly Maguire BBEC

    ReplyDelete
  18. hello michael, i would like to know what a basketball travel team is.
    Daniel Edwards, BBEC

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jake,
    Your facts are very interesting but i would like to know what a dairy queen is. By football do you mean soccer or NFL and what team do you support. I especially like the Philadelphia Eagles

    George Jacques BBEC

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Alessandra, i do alpot of sprots to but what did you mean by 'I’ve been on high honors every trimester'? And what is a trimester? Isabella Raven BBEC

    ReplyDelete
  21. hello Anthony what are the names of the people in you family and what football team do you support.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Intresting!!!!;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Daniel
    I do not play travel basketball but it is when a basketball team plays in tournaments against around the area.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sarah I also have two brothers and I fins them very annoying!! Do you have a good relationship with your brothers??
    You must be really enjoy dancing to go six days a week!! :D
    What is your favourite lesson at school??
    My favourite lesson is Sports.

    Katie Mullins BBEC

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi matt k i also play basketball for my school and play golf with my dad (every monday and thursday night.)whats your handicap?

    Sam Hadfield BBEC

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Juan,
    It says you like your reading. What genre of books do you prefer to read. I dont usually read a lot, but i do like mystery books, i find them interesting, and some make me want to read on!
    thanks , Jessica D ... Year 9

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Makenna, You say that you are a twin and have 5 other siblings. That is a big family what age range are they?
    Hannah Murphy
    BBEC

    ReplyDelete
  28. hi im frances and i go to bbec (broughton business and enterprise college). hi makenna i have 3 brothers and 1 sister my sister is 27 and also lives in america in seattle, my oldest brother lives in australia. i also love reading whats your favourite book maybe i will of heard of it? hi seamus whats a dairy queen? whats NFL? we have around 180 students in a year i think im not sure.
    frances yr 7

    ReplyDelete